[CMake] NMake questions if I may.

Josef Karthauser joe.karthauser at geomerics.com
Mon Oct 22 09:10:27 EDT 2007

Do we have any NMake users out there?  I'm sure someone might be able to
answer this for me.

It looks like in the past NMake had a  -J option, which like the -j of
gnu's gmake, causes parallel compilation where possible.  This appears
to be missing with the NMake I've got with Visual Studio 2005 though.
Was it ever there, is there a version with it in?  Where did it go?

Also, bsdmake has a useful -k option which causes make to continue to
compile things, even if one of the targets is broken in some way (-k ==
continue in spite of errors).  Does anyone know whether there is an
equivalent for NMake?

Thanks in advance,
Joe