[CMake] environment variables and visual studio

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Mon Oct 22 08:20:03 EDT 2007

> Is there any way for CMake to set environment variables which can be
> picked up in Visual Studio's pre/post-build steps?
>
> I'm working on a system where I've got a couple of studio project
> included via the INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT(), and I would like to be
> able to refer to things like CMAKE_BINARY_DIR, so that the external
> msprojects can put their output relative to the CMake build dir.

You can still generate the projects you are including with the
INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT. It make sense since they are part of your
CMake framework (you want to rely on CMake variables).

At start, it can be a lot of work to write the CMakeLists.txt for each
projects but you need to do it only once.

--Sylvain