[CMake] cmake cannot find FLTK

David Morris dvmorris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 02:25:52 EST 2007

I'm having trouble getting cmake to find FLTK using this code in my
CMakeLists.txt file:

FIND_PACKAGE(FLTK)
IF (FLTK_FOUND)
 MESSAGE(STATUS "Looking for FLTK - found : ${FLTK_LIBRARIES}")
 GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT(FLTKPATH ${FLTK_LIBRARIES} PATH)
 LINK_DIRECTORIES(${FLTKPATH})
ELSE (FLTK_FOUND)
 MESSAGE(STATUS "Looking for FLTK - not found")
ENDIF (FLTK_FOUND)

I have the default FindFLTK.cmake file in my cmake/Modules directory, and I
installed FLTK by downloading it from the website and running

./configure
make
sudo make install

like it says in the instructions, but cmake doesn't seem to be able to find
it. also, when i type which fltk, it doesn't find anything, but i'm not sure
if that is important or not.

dave