[CMake] Correct way to build for 64 bit?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jan 29 13:17:59 EST 2007

Hi all,

What is the correct way to build a project as a 64 bit executable?

When I build something on my PowerMac G5 (ex CMake or VTK), it is built
as a 32 bit executable.  The G5 is a 64 bit processor, but both gcc and
CMake default to doing 32 bit builds (quite reasonable IMHO).

The 'Mac way' would be to pass '-arch ppc64' to gcc.  What is the CMake
way?  Should I set CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to ppc64?  Or am I expected
to specify '-arch ppc64' myself somewhere?

Thanks!

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com