[CMake] more linking problems

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue May 3 09:43:52 EDT 2005

Hi,

> Thanks for the link.  That may be useful.  It might be portable on UNIX
> flavors but probably not on Windows linkers.  Also I think when linking
> targets the granularity for including symbols is the object file level,
> so by linking every symbol into a single object then any program that
> uses one symbol will get the whole thing.  However I'll have to

AFAICT that's the whole purpose of these convenience libs (linking in all
objects instead of only the referenced ones), otherwise simple static
libs could be used.

Bye
Alex

--
+++ Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS +++
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail