[CMake] problem with frameworks on OS X (and new Makefile generator)

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Sat Apr 30 14:46:44 EDT 2005

Hi,

until recently a line like
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(foo -framework myframework)

produced a command like
gcc foo.o -o foo -framework myframework

Since I updated cmake (to the new Makefile generator) I get the
following:

gcc foo.o -o foo -framework -lmyframework

i.e. the parameter to framework is interpreted as a normal library.
I changed my CMakeLists.txt like this:
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(foo "-framework myframework")
then it works again.
Is this the intended behaviour ? What's the recommended way to link to a
framework ?

Bye
Alex

10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail