[CMake] NMake Dependency Bug

Bernhard Zach bzach at hyperwave.com
Thu Sep 23 07:16:16 EDT 2004

Hi!

I have a Problem with nmake and hope somebody has an idea to solve it.

The Scenario:
A library xy.lib is build of xy.cxx and xy.h
A custom command(POST_BUILD) on the library copies the headerfile to an
other place.

Now I run nmake to build the library -> all works fine

Now I remove the object file xy.obj and start nmake again:
My Object file is build again, but not the library (and the custom command)
Now I start nmake again: the library is build and the custom command is
executed. Why not at the first time?

The Makefile looks correct(at least for me).

The whole Problem occurs only on Windows. On Linux with the same files, all
works correct.

A possible workaround could be to use the cygwin make on Windows, but I
didn't get it to work with cl.exe/link.exe/lib.exe

Thanks,
Bernhard