[CMake] NMake Dependency Bug

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Sep 23 11:14:49 EDT 2004

Bernhard Zach wrote:
> I have a Problem with nmake and hope somebody has an idea to solve it.
>
> The Scenario:
> A library xy.lib is build of xy.cxx and xy.h
> A custom command(POST_BUILD) on the library copies the headerfile to an
> other place.
>
> Now I run nmake to build the library -> all works fine
>
> Now I remove the object file xy.obj and start nmake again:
> My Object file is build again, but not the library (and the custom command)
> Now I start nmake again: the library is build and the custom command is
> executed. Why not at the first time?
>
> The Makefile looks correct(at least for me).

Please try to strip your project down to a minimal source tree that
duplicates the problem.  Then enter a bug report here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

and attach the files in a tarball or zipfile.  Once we are able to
diagnose the problem we can fix any related CMake bug or at least
document the NMake bug if CMake is not at fault.

Thanks,
-Brad