[Cmake] CMakeSetup / VTK install help

Bill Hoffman bill . hoffman at kitware . com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:52:31 -0400

CMake is only used to compile VTK.  If you are using
PRE-compiled binaries, then there is nothing to compile.

The error message is incorrect, and a bug in CMake, it
should be fixed in the next CMake release.   It will
say, there is an error, no CMakeLists.txt file exists
in your source directory.   However, it will still not do
anything, because there is nothing to do.

You may want to try the VTK mailing list for VTK specific questions.

-Bill