[Cmake] Quick configuration

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap . rr . com
Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:29:27 -0500

CMake has always supported out-of-source builds.
The command line was changed so that you have to specify
the binary directory.

In the past:
cmake   -> no arguments would do and in-source build tree
Now you have to do this:
cmake .  -> you must specify the build directory

cmake  is for non-interactive builds.
ccmake is always interactive.

cmake .   -> builds in source
ccmake . -> builds in source

You should not have to run cmake first.
ccmake . will build for the CMakeLists.txt files
in the current directory.

-Bill