[Cmake] Quick configuration

David Svoboda xsvobod2 at informatics . muni . cz
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:54:51 +0100

Short time ago a updated CMake. Previously I use v1.6.7, now I'm using
1.8.x
Previously, 'cmake' or 'ccmake' had to be executed in the directory,
where the 'CMakeLists.txt' file was stored. Now, thanks to the possibility
of out-of-source compilation,, another way is used -> 'cmake' or 'ccmake'
is exectuted for an arbitrary directory with one argument, which is the
directory, where the appropriate 'CMakeLists.txt' files is stored.

And now the question - why cannot I type 'ccmake .' immediately? - it does
not work properly. When I configure my Makefiles with Cmake, I must follow
these steps:
1. cmake .  -> this tries to configure without my interaction
2. ccmake ..  -> now I can do this (but as the second step only) and
configure required values (directories, files, etc.)

David