[Cmake] Quick configuration

David Svoboda xsvobod2 at informatics . muni . cz
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 07:24:16 +0100

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, William A. Hoffman wrote:

> CMake has always supported out-of-source builds.
> The command line was changed so that you have to specify
> the binary directory.
>
> In the past:
> cmake   -> no arguments would do and in-source build tree
> Now you have to do this:
> cmake .  -> you must specify the build directory
>
> cmake  is for non-interactive builds.
> ccmake is always interactive.
>

> cmake .   -> builds in source
> ccmake . -> builds in source
>
> You should not have to run cmake first.
> ccmake . will build for the CMakeLists.txt files
> in the current directory.
>
> -Bill

I see! Thanks a lot for your explanation and reminiscence!

I have forgotten, I had to run the configure command in "ccmake". I hoped
the configure command was executed automatically after each running
"ccmake" therefore I was surprised that nothing had happened when I had
run "ccmake" the first time.

David