[Cmake] trouble using cmake to build VTK on mac OSX

Byron Amerson byronea at u.washington.edu
Tue Apr 15 23:07:37 EDT 2003

Okay...

I searched the archives and did not find anything that truly opened my
eyes...

I am attempting to install VTK on my imac ppc with OSX.2.4, developer
tools installed, and pretty much any relevant unix app installed via fink.

I would like python to communicate with VTK...

first question: is apple's gcc3 both my c++ and c compiler?
second question: which is correct: env CXX=/usr/bin/gcc3 or env CXX=gcc3 ?

and finally when running either ccmake or cmake from the VTK source
directory with: env CXX=gcc3 CC=gcc3 /usr/local/bin/cmake

I get this error output to the nth degree:

Tried .c .C .M .cc .cpp .cxx .m .mm .h .hh .hpp .hxx .in .txx
CMake Error: can not find file
/usr/local/VTK-4.2.2/Filtering/vtkDataSetToStructuredGridFilter

Tried .c .C .M .cc .cpp .cxx .m .mm .h .hh .hpp .hxx .in .txx
CMake Error: can not find file
/usr/local/VTK-4.2.2/Filtering/vtkDataSetToStructuredPointsFilter

etc...

I can easily find these bits when searching in the VTK sorce dir, how come
cmake can't see them?

perhaps these are an old questions, but I wouuld really appreciate some
direction.  Thanks and thanks in advance.

Byron Amerson
MS student
University of Washington
Department of Earth and Space Sciences