[Cmake] building today's CMake from cvs

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Apr 7 16:37:34 EDT 2003

This is why the find modules do not automatically append libraries.

I am not sure what this has to do with static or shared?

There is a variable called BUILD_SHARED that when present and set to true,
will cause all the libraries to built shared, and when false, all will be
static.    Each library can override this global setting by specifying
SHARED or STATIC in the ADD_LIBRARY command.

Since dll's often require code changes, and to keep the cache from becoming
cluttered, BUILD_SHARED is not added to the cache automatically by cmake,
but can be added into a project with the OPTION command.

-Bill