[CDash] Upgrading from 2.0.2 to 2.4.0

François Bertel fbopensource at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 22:01:52 UTC 2017

Hi Zack,

The output is empty:

$ sudo -u mypostgresuser psql cdash mypostgresuser
cdash=# \conninfo
You are connected to database "cdash" as user "mypostgresuser" via socket
in "/var/run/postgresql" at port "5432".
cdash=# SELECT buildin FROM buildupdate

I also tried build2update instead buildupdate (is it a typo?) but this
gives the same empty line.

Note that the section in github that you are pointing at is the master
branch. I compared it with the Release-2-2-2 tag: I don't see much
difference besides styling/formatting with some extra whitespaces added to
master, notably at the pdo_query() line.

pdo_query("INSERT INTO build2update (buildid,updateid) VALUES ('" .
$query_array['buildid'] . "','" . $query_array['buildid'] . "')");
pdo_query("INSERT INTO build2update (buildid,updateid) VALUES

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Zack Galbreath <zack.galbreath at kitware.com>

> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 8:45 PM, François Bertel <fbopensource at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I have a new error when I click on the "Upgrade Cdash" button: I can see
>> "Upgrading tables:" with the green check icon and the line below with
>> the spinning wheel icon and "Applying 2.2 patches..." but a modal dialog
>> with the following message pops up:
>> "error Internal Server Error
>>                              [OK]"
>> When I close it, I still see the spinning wheel and it gets stuck there.
>> I have the following error message in /var/log/apache2/error.log:
>> Call to a member function fetch() on boolean in pdocore.php
> This error typically means you don't have a database connection.  Instead
> of trying to fetch results from an active DB connection, it's trying to
> fetch them from FALSE (the error return value).  Since you got this far, I
> assume that CDash can normally connect to the database, and somehow the
> connection slipped during the upgrade process.
> Looking at the v2.2 upgrade path
> <https://github.com/Kitware/CDash/blob/master/public/upgrade.php#L613>,
> it doesn't seem like it's doing anything that should strain your database
> too hard.  The only thing that isn't completely routine is the while() loop
> over buildupdate::buildid.  This is just a guess, but you could try running
> this query manually:
> SELECT buildid FROM buildupdate
> If this returns something crazy like millions of rows, then perhaps that's
> the problem here.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cdash/attachments/20170726/033c440a/attachment-0001.htm>

More information about the CDash mailing list