[Cdash] cdash upgrade and no longer sending emails

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Mar 17 19:40:12 UTC 2015

On Friday, March 13, 2015 05:44:21 PM Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded to CDash 2.2.3 and I am no longer getting emails when
> submission breaks builds.  I checked my subscriptions and they appear fine
> as before.
>
> In config.php, I changed
> $CDASH_LOG_LEVEL = LOG_INFO;
>
> then checked my backup/cdash.log file and there is nothing in there, so it
> appears it isn't even attempting to send emails.
>
> Are there any tips for debugging this or fixing it?
>
> I also saw this thread with another user not getting emails, but don't see
> any resolution there.
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2015-January/059662.html

I've been debugging this and it appears that lookup_emails_to_send() in
sendemail.php only works where commits contain email addresses, such as those
found in git repositories.

It doesn't appear to work with svn anymore, where email addresses are entered
in the user's profile.

Is this a known issue?

Clint