[Cdash] Performance issue with coverage pge

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Jan 26 19:44:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Julien Jomier <julien.jomier at kitware.com>wrote:

> On 1/26/2010 2:22 PM, David Cole wrote:
>
>> Here's a suggestion:
>> Instead of just doing sections, lower the bar even further for really
>> fast results: have the default coverage link go to a "top ten worst
>> covered files" page that only displays 10 results. And then from there,
>> have four links: one to low, one to medium, one to high and one to all...
>>

> That's an interesting idea. I think we can display up to 500 files without
> any issues, the main problem is when we get to 2,000 files.
>
> We need to understand how developers are using the coverage page. Most of
> the time, I just go and search for the file I'm responsible for. Luis's idea
> of breaking down the coverage per directory is also a good option but will
> probably be implemented later.
>
> Bill, any suggestions?

Another follow on idea would be to add filters to this page as well, add
LIMIT capabilities to the filters pages, and then by default, use a filter
with a LIMIT clause on this page.... and additionally be able to filter on
directory or file names....!!!

I retract my earlier suggestion and wholeheartedly suggest filters
instead!!!

David C.