[Cdash] Performance issue with coverage pge

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Tue Jan 26 19:35:25 UTC 2010

On 1/26/2010 2:22 PM, David Cole wrote:
> Here's a suggestion:
> Instead of just doing sections, lower the bar even further for really
> fast results: have the default coverage link go to a "top ten worst
> covered files" page that only displays 10 results. And then from there,
> have four links: one to low, one to medium, one to high and one to all...

That's an interesting idea. I think we can display up to 500 files
without any issues, the main problem is when we get to 2,000 files.

We need to understand how developers are using the coverage page. Most
of the time, I just go and search for the file I'm responsible for.
Luis's idea of breaking down the coverage per directory is also a good
option but will probably be implemented later.

Bill, any suggestions?