[Cdash] Performance issue with coverage pge

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Jan 26 19:22:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Julien Jomier
<julien.jomier at kitware.com>wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I never saw the popup but it takes about 30s to load the page. We are now
> sorting using javascript and it might take some time on the client side.
>
> I think we need to break into section the coverage page for speed reason. I
> was thinking about having three categories "Low" "Medium" "High" at the top
> and clicking on the name of the category would display the coverage only for
> the given category (low display by default). Luis also suggested to sort by
> directories at some point.
>
> I'm open to suggestions,
> Julien
>

> On 1/26/2010 9:51 AM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
>
>> Since the cdash upgrade, every time I visit the coverage page:
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewCoverage.php?buildid=523584
>>
>> I get at least one popup from firefox that says:
>>
>> "A script on this page may be busy, or may have stopped responding.
>> You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script
>> will complete."
>>
>> The script is jquery.tablesorter.js:256
>>
>> This happens on both Fedora and Windows.
>>
>> Bill

Here's a suggestion:
Instead of just doing sections, lower the bar even further for really fast
results: have the default coverage link go to a "top ten worst covered
files" page that only displays 10 results. And then from there, have four
links: one to low, one to medium, one to high and one to all...

What do you think?

:-)
David C.