[Cdash] Dashboard view only shows last build with APPEND, but build page shows both

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Aug 19 11:29:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 1:44 AM, O'Shea, David <
OShea.D at emsglobaltracking.com> wrote:

>  Hi David,
>
> Thanks, we have installed the latest version from Subversion but the issue
> doesn't appear to have been fixed - I still see the same behaviour as
> before.
>
> By the way, I assume the fix you're referring to is revision 2579/issue
> #10975?
>
> As you can see from the comments in the CTest script snippet my original
> post, I tried various combinations of "APPEND" options.  I've tried a few of
> them again.  What exactly is actually the "correct" way of doing this?
> Should the following work?
>

> ctest_empty_binary_directory(${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY})
> ctest_start("Experimental")
> ctest_configure(OPTIONS [...])
> ctest_read_custom_files(${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY})
> ctest_build()
> ctest_test()
> ctest_coverage()
>
> set(CTEST_NOTES_FILES
>     [...])
>
> ctest_submit()
>
> ctest_build(TARGET "doc"
>             APPEND)
> ctest_submit(PARTS Build)
> <<<

Yes. I think this should work exactly as you've written it. If it does not,
we should add a test to the CDash test suite and verify that errors and
warnings from the two build steps accumulate rather than wipe each other
out.

I would try using "APPEND" in the first ctest_build call, too, but I don't
think that should have an effect. It should work as is.

I'm assuming you're using up to date ctest... 2.8.2?