[Cdash] CDash: Unbeatable !: ITK Dashboard Fest 1.0 : Summary

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 9 15:23:20 UTC 2009

CDash Kudoz,

Between Nov 5th 9pm and Nov 6th 9pm, the ITK community
celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Insight Toolkit with a
Dashboard Fest:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_10th_Anniversary_Activities/Dashboard_Fest_1.0

We were hoping to get 200 Experimental builds submitted by
developers and users,... and had some concerns about whether
CDash (and our network) could manage the load.

To our surprise,
by the end of the day we have received 1,033 Experimental submission.
For an average of one submission every 1.4 minutes.

CDash withstood the storm without blinking.

Granted,
accessing the dashboard page resulted in slower access, and during
the peak of submission our network got saturated for short intervals,
but the ITK CDash Dashboard passed the test with great honors.

I guess we will have to try harder for ITK's 20th anniversary...   :-)

   Kudoz to the CDash team.

        Luis