[Cdash] Confusion with BuildIds: one submission produces multiple Ids

Maik Beckmann beckmann.maik at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 10 12:10:41 UTC 2009

2009/10/1 Nathaniel Waisbrot (Cont ARL/CISD) <nathaniel.waisbrot at arl.army.mil>:
> I'm making a single call to ctest_submit() which sends a Configure.xml
> and a Build.xml.  On the dashboard, the two files are showing up as
> having two different BuildIds, and so they appear on separate lines.
>
> I'm not sure where to look for the source of this problem.  Any
> suggestions?

I got the same issue.

Can someone please clear up whether  this a feature or a bug?  If its
a bug, how to work around it? If its a feature, how to use it, so one
at least have some text that says "Configure" "Build" "Test" for the
different submission?

This is the public cdash site
http://maikbeckmann.dyndns.org/CDash/index.php?project=ctest-test
CTestConfig.cmake
{{{
set(CTEST_PROJECT_NAME "ctest-test")

set(CTEST_DROP_METHOD "http")
set(CTEST_DROP_SITE "maikbeckmann.dyndns.org")
set(CTEST_DROP_LOCATION "/CDash/submit.php?project=${CTEST_PROJECT_NAME}")
set(CTEST_DROP_SITE_CDASH true)
}}}

The ctest driver /path/to/project/ctest_runner.cmake
{{{
find_path(CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY ctest_runner.cmake "$ENV{PWD}")
set(CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY ${CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY}/build)
set(CTEST_CMAKE_GENERATOR "Unix Makefiles")

ctest_start("Experimental")

ctest_configure(BUILD "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}")
ctest_build(BUILD "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}")
ctest_test(BUILD "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}")
ctest_submit()
}}}

Thanks,
 -- Maik