[Cdash] CDash email notification

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Sat Mar 29 19:26:11 UTC 2008

Trevor,

> Yes, please add this. Making this user specified is a good move, as on
> one of my servers I have several virtual servers so want to specify a
> particular servername.

I just committed the fix. There is now a $CDASH_SERVER_NAME variable in
the config.php. Let me know if that works or not.

>>> 1) The notification email "from" field is empty.
>> It should use the $CDASH_EMAIL_FROM from the config.php file.
>
> That's what I thought, but the field is empty.

This is strange. Let me know what you find.

> Appreciated, but if you commint a change with an error, then the
> continuous build doesn't send any notification if you've configured
> "Email me when my checkins are breaking the dashboard".
>
> "Email me when any builds are breaking the dashboard" seems to work OK.
>
> For "Email me when checkins are breaking nightly dashboard" we've seen a
> nightly build where two builds failed (debug & release) but we only saw
> one error email.

I think I found the problem. We are not looking at the build name when
looking from previous build, therefore if you have the same site
submitting debug and release you will get only one email. I'm putting a
fix now. This might also fix the issue you are having with continuous
builds.

>>> 3) viewBuildError.php generates invalid CVS/SVN Trac URLs.
>
> Looking at the code this seems to only cope with viewcvs.

Let me know if I should look at this one.