[Cdash] CDash email notification

Trevor Kellaway tkellaway at asl-electronics.co.uk
Sat Mar 29 19:08:11 UTC 2008

Julien,

> > How do I get the email to use the real server name rather than
> > "localhost" in the notification email body (changing the
> CDASH_DB_HOST
> > makes no difference).
>
> I can fix that easily (let me know if you have already done it), by
> default we use the server's name. I'm going to add a
> configuration variable.

Yes, please add this. Making this user specified is a good move, as on
one of my servers I have several virtual servers so want to specify a
particular servername.

> > 1) The notification email "from" field is empty.
>
> It should use the $CDASH_EMAIL_FROM from the config.php file.

That's what I thought, but the field is empty.

> > 2) I can't get the "Continuous" notification only to work,
> Nightly half
> > works (seen it work for one build variant and fail for
> another built at
> > the same time), "always" notification seems OK.
>
> What do you mean by 'Continuous only'?
> Note that CDash only sends email if the errors/warnings or
> test failings
> are new. That means that if you checkin something and it's
> not producing
> any new errors then CDash won't send an email.

Appreciated, but if you commint a change with an error, then the
continuous build doesn't send any notification if you've configured
"Email me when my checkins are breaking the dashboard".

"Email me when any builds are breaking the dashboard" seems to work OK.

For "Email me when checkins are breaking nightly dashboard" we've seen a
nightly build where two builds failed (debug & release) but we only saw
one error email.

> > 3) viewBuildError.php generates invalid CVS/SVN Trac URLs.

Looking at the code this seems to only cope with viewcvs.

-Trev