[Cdash] CDash email notification

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Sat Mar 29 19:01:25 UTC 2008

Hi Trevor,

> How do I get the email to use the real server name rather than
> "localhost" in the notification email body (changing the CDASH_DB_HOST
> makes no difference).

I can fix that easily (let me know if you have already done it), by
default we use the server's name. I'm going to add a configuration variable.

> 1) The notification email "from" field is empty.

It should use the $CDASH_EMAIL_FROM from the config.php file.

> 2) I can't get the "Continuous" notification only to work, Nightly half
> works (seen it work for one build variant and fail for another built at
> the same time), "always" notification seems OK.

What do you mean by 'Continuous only'?
Note that CDash only sends email if the errors/warnings or test failings
are new. That means that if you checkin something and it's not producing
any new errors then CDash won't send an email.

> 3) viewBuildError.php generates invalid CVS/SVN Trac URLs.

That's great. Thanks!