[Cdash] Transition from Dart2 to CDash

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Wed Mar 5 17:17:16 UTC 2008

Hi Anton,

> - Will this change anything on the testing sites, i.e. can I just
> replace the server side?  I assume this is the case but can you confirm.

This is correct, no modification to the clients is required, except the
submission URL which should point to CDash (or you can setup a
forwarding script on the server)

> - Is it possible to configure the top menus in an easy way, i.e.
> modifying a configuration file which should remain the same in future
> releases?

Right now if you modify the header.xsl in the main directory you can
customize the top menus. Right now header.xsl includes some javascript
that we should move to another file. I'll put a fix in SVN shortly.

> - Is it possible to use any cvs/web interface (in my case CVSTrac)?  In
> Dart2 this required to modify a couple of configuration files which was
> fine with me.

CDash supports it but we might need to tune the URL for CVSTrac. We will
be happy to work on that with you so that it does support CVSTrac by
default.

Thanks,