CDash integrates a self-testing framework based on Simple Test. The self testing code is located in the testing directory.
Submitting a CDash Dashboard to the CDash dashboard
No it's not a mistake in the title, self-testing involves submitting a CDash submission to CDash. Here are the steps on how to do this:
- Edit CDash/cdash/config.php and change the $CDASH_DB_NAME to be 'cdash4simpletest'.
Because the testing of CDash creates and drops the database you need to make sure this database is not being use for any other purposes than self testing. Also, make sure that the $CDASH_DB_LOGIN has enough privileges to create/drop databases on your SQL server.
- edit the CDash/testing/config.test.php
- urlwebsite is the URL to access your current CDash. Since simpletest emulates a web browser you need to make sure that the urlwebsite is accessible locally.
'urlwebsite' => 'http://localhost/CDashTesting',
- outputdirectory is a directory where the testing output can be stored on the system. Make sure that the current user can write to that directory
'outputdirectory' => '/tmp'
- type is the type of submission for CDash: Nightly, Continuous or Experimental
'type' => 'Nightly'
- site is the name of the site submitting to CDash
'site' => 'yellowstone.kitware'
- buildname is name of the build
'buildname' => 'CDash-SVN-MySQL'
- cdash is the URL to the current dashboard. Note that the project should be named CDash, i.e. http://www.cdash.org/CDash/submit.php?project=CDash
'cdash' => 'http://www.cdash.org/CDash',
- svnroot is path to your testing installation of CDash. The self testing does a svn update to check what file have changed.
'svnroot' => '/var/www/CDashTesting'
- Then launch the test by doing
cd CDash/testing php5 alltests.php