1. VRPN Server setup:
Download VRPN form the following link and compile.
There is a configuration file which also has configurations for space navigator. Make a separate config file with the setting or simply uncomment the config setting in the same file.
vrpn_3DConnexion_SpaceMouse device0 vrpn_3DConnexion_SpaceMousePro device0
Run the vrpn_server with this config file. At this point the blue light on the space navigator should turn on.
./vrpn_server -f vrpn.cfg
2. Running Paraview:
NOTE: You have to manually build ParaView from source with PARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_VRPNPlugin set to ON. We are looking into packing the plugin with distributed binaries onwards.
- Start ParaView
- Enable the VR plugin in Tools->Manage Plugins... (Select VR Plugin and click 'Load Selected')
- On the VR Panel, click on '+ Add...' to add a VR Connections
- Type: VPRN
- Name: vrconn
- Address: device0@localhost
- Create an input: Analog
- On the VR Panel, click on '+ Add...' to add a VR Interaction
- Select 'Space Navigator Grab' and associate with the analog input you created previously
- Click 'Start'