ITK/Release 4/Wrapping/19072010 Minutes
- Dropping CableSwig
- Using Swig Directly
- Along with GCC_XML
- Two Levels of Wrapping
- Wrapping the Simplified Layer (many wrapping tools will do)
- Wrapping the Templated Layer (WrapITK,GCC_XML)
- Managing multiple component images
- Microscopy use cases
- Remote Sensing cases
- itkVectorImage ?
- need a "component-by-component" filter driver ?
- Make easy to add new types (e.g. another pixel type for the image...)
- Run time binding may help here (along with the internal finder)
- Make possible (easy?) to distribute binaries of the wrapping.
- Maybe use the package manager (Ryppl ?).
- The same goes for the C++ version.
- Remove (or deprecate) itkSetVectorMacro and itkGetVectorMacro
they make the generated methods unusable in the target languages, and are not used that much in ITK
[glehmann@gbook build]$ grep -r etVectorMacro ~/src/Insight/Code/*/*.h | wc -l 34
They are used in two quite common filters - ChangeInformationImageFilter and PadImageFilter - and this makes this filter at least partly unusable in the target languages.