ITK/Release 4/Enhancing Image Registration Framework
Enhancing Image Registration Framework
- Review v4 registration plans and progress.
- Catalog target use cases.
- Discuss design changes in core itk to support these enhancements.
- Wishlist items beyond standard use cases, e.g. projective transform (itkPerspective3DTransform).
- Separate sampling (interpolation strategy) and metric computation
- Separate computation of derivative components via chain rule.
- Enable registration of generalized data-types.
- Multiple metrics and/or multiple optimizers?
- Add feature based registration techniques (SIFT (patented?), SURF, etc)
Related Groups (A2D2)
- BWH: Score++
- Sean Megason and Julian Jomier
- Georgetown: Automated parameter tuning
- Ziv Yaniv, Andinet Enquobahrie
- Utah: Score
- Marcel Prastawa, Julien Jomier, G. Gerig, J. Fillon-Robin
- Utah: Time-Varying Shape Modeling
- T. Fletcher, J. Cater, R. MacLeod, C. McGann, S. Callahan
- William+mary*: Non-Rigid Registration for Image Guided Neurosurgery
- N. Chrisochoides et al.
(a) #3, #4, and #5 should be consulted during the actual refactoring of the registration framework. (b) #1, #2, and #3 should be involved with the design of a web-based parameter estimation, comparison.
(Add one page for every tcon).