ITK Conference - October 2005 - Bethesda Maryland
The Insight Software Consortium and the National Library of Medicine are organizing the first ITK Conference to be held in Bethesda Maryland on October 12-14 2005.
The ITK Conference will reunite developers and users of the Insight Toolkit and will provide an environment for discussing the use of the toolkit and its future development. We expect 50-100 attendees including NIH and other Federal Program Managers, ITK developers, and those interested in the future of the Insight Segmentation and Registration Toolkit (http://www.itk.org).
- Wednesday 12 October 2005
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm ISC Board Meeting (Part 1. Attendance Limited. [Agenda])
- Thursday 13 October 2005
- 8:30am - 9:00 Registration
- 9:00 - 11:00 Presentations by A2D2 contractors awarded in 2004 (15-20 minutes per awardee)
- Georgetown (Cleary) - Tracking 4D Time-varying Data
- Georgetown (Wong) - Tumor Volume Measurement
- UNC-CH (Venkatram) - Neural Nets
- UNC-CH (Jomier) - BatchMake
- UNC-CH (Aylward) - DICOM and Digital Libraries
- Kitware (Hoffman) - Insight Journal (Presentation: Insight-Journal.ppt)
- 11:00 - 1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00 - 3:00 Key Note Speaker: Lawrence Rosen, lawyer and author of the book Open Source Licensing. We expect an open session of Q&A and discussion after Mr. Rosen's presentation. (Please see the talk description for more information about Mr. Rosen and the content of the talk.)
- 3:00 - 3:30 Break
- 3:30 - 4:30 Remaining presentations by A2D2 contractors awarded in 2004 (15-20 minutes per awardee)
- UPenn (Gee) - Surface-based Anal. & Normalization Env.
- UPenn (Gee) - Graph Cuts and Energy Minimization
- Kitware (Schroeder) - Widgets
- 4:30 - 6:00 ISC Administrative meeting (Part 2. Attendence limited. [Agenda])
- Friday 14 October 2005
- 9:00 - 10:00 ISC Discussion on licensing and backward compatibility (open to all)
- 10:00 - 10:30 Break
- 10:30 - 11:30 Presentations "Challenges to the Biological Imaging Community."
- 11:30 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 - 15:30 Envisioning ITK: Toolkit road map for 2005-2006 and into the future
The ITK Conference will be held at the NIH Campus in Bethesda Maryland.
Lister Hill Center Auditorium National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health (NIH) 8600 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20894
Visitor information is available at
in particular the visitor map
Given that the NIH campus is a Federal Building, certain security procedures are in place for getting access to the building
Details on the security procedures can be found at
Note in particular that you MUST bring a photo identification in order to enter NIH facilities.
If you bring computers/laptops to the NIH campus, please make sure that you register them with the security officer upon entering the building. You will receive a tag for your computer, that you should present againt when leaving the building with your computer.
Please be advised that Parking spaces are very limited at the NIH campus.
If you are in town you may want take the Metro up to the station "Medical Center" that is just next to the NIH campus.
Information about the Metro schedules and stations can be found at http://www.wmata.com/
If you stay in any of the hotels suggested below, you will be at walking distance from the campus entrance.
The following hotels are suggested for their proximity to the NIH campus.
This suggestion is subject to the NIH disclaimer
The following link will show you hotels close to the NIH campus.
The following link will show you the location of the NIH campus in Earth Google