[vtkusers] question about reslicer output size

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 20 14:40:06 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all the help here I have been able to put together a reslicer that
can now do cool oblique slices as well. Thanks to all again, especially
David and Obada :)

I am using a vtkImageViewer type object to display the image that is
returned by the reslicer. So there is a 2D actor and an image mapper object
that does the display.

There is just one problem...of course the size of the resliced slice depends
on the origin of the resliced plane. So, when I display the slice, there is
a translation relative to the previous slice. However, this is not reflected
in the actor2D position. So, I still get the same actor position but the ROI
has translated.

Is it possible too get the actual size of the data that is returned by the
reslicer? Ideally, I would like the displayed image not to jump around so
much as the user selects various reslice parameters.

Thanks,

Anja