[vtkusers] Re: Fwd: Re: Compiling VTK-5.0.2 with Cygwin make

Steve Robbins smr at sumost.ca
Fri Sep 22 15:44:07 EDT 2006

Quoting David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:

> Perhaps something else is setting OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR prior to hitting
> that block...? cc'ing the CMake list to see if anyone else has had
> CMake problems with Cygwin/OpenGL...
>
> FIND_PATH results are cached, so you won't know the original source of
> OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR unless you configure from scratch (start with an
> empty binary dir)...
>
> Add this to see if it's set before you hit that block:
> MESSAGE(STATUS "OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR='${OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR}'")
>
> If it's empty, then it sounds like it might be a bug... If it's set
> then we look for somebody else setting it before getting here...

OK.  I've cleaned out all CMake cache files using "rm -rf CMake*".

The FindOpenGL.cmake file now looks like this:

IF (WIN32)
   MESSAGE(STATUS "FindOpenGL: WIN32 is defined...")

   IF (CYGWIN)
     MESSAGE(STATUS "FindOpenGL: CYGWIN is defined...")

     MESSAGE(STATUS "OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR='${OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR}'")

     FIND_PATH(OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR GL/gl.h
       /usr/include
       /usr/include/w32api
       /usr/X11R6/include
     )

     MESSAGE(STATUS "OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR='${OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR}'")

And here is the output:

-- FindOpenGL: WIN32 is defined...
-- FindOpenGL: CYGWIN is defined...
-- OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR=''
-- OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR='/usr/X11R6/include'

I don't get it.  Is there a way to have CMake verbosely explain its
decision process in the FIND_PATH() statement?

Thanks,
-Steve