[Ves] Migrating to VTK

Carlos ves at calculoandamios.com
Mon Mar 9 14:04:03 EDT 2015

Hi Tim,

I agree with the benefits changing from VEST to VTK for mobile devices. Thanks to all the Kitware team.

As a windows user with limited Mac an linux experience, I would appreciate a guide for building VTK in a Mac without a XCode project in the way you did it for VES. http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Developers_Guide. I simply don’t know the commands in OS to compile VTK after creating the projects with CMAKE. Probably there are quite simple commands but I would appreciate them.

This is a comment based on your post. I know that there is an example for a IOS app in VTK 6.2 with some additional instructions. I tried to compile it some months ago but I had some errors and I did not finish it. I will try again soon.

I would like to ask if in the near future it could be possible to compile VTK in XCode as one of the main limitation during the development of VES / Kiwi applications was the difficulty for debugging and I think that the way proposed in the blog maintains these difficulties as it builds VTK independently.

Regards,

Carlos