[Ves] Kiwiviewer Native Build in Eclipse

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed May 28 13:05:05 EDT 2014

Hi there,

Yes, if you do what David said, then  you should be able to build and run
kiwi from eclipse.

- Aashish

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 1:02 PM, David Thompson
<david.thompson at kitware.com>wrote:

> Hi DJ,
>
> I'm not sure I understand what is re-running: make or cmake? What CMake
> version are you using and what generator? I normally use Unix Makefiles or
> Ninja (without Eclipse) rather than "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles" or
> "Eclipse CDT4 - Ninja".
>
>         David
>
> On May 28, 2014, at 11:02 AM, djovanovi . <djovanovi at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Is it possible to set-up the Kiwiviewer Build directory such that it
> allows direct builds within Eclipse without having to reconfigure the files
> from the Kiwi source ?
> >
> > For background ..  I'm using  4.4 (SDK 19) + NDK r9d and complete the
> VES build and Kiwiviewer build without any problems. Then when I load into
> Eclipse (Existing application) it builds fine the firsts time but goes
> through the entire configuration process apparently running make from
> scratch. WIth a connected device (Galaxy S5) the apk eventually builds,
>  transfers, launches, and all models are accessible.
> >
> > However, when I modify a file in java source or JNI/c++ (e.g. to add my
> own models, etc.) I cannot rebuild the appr and I have to run a full clean
> + run to regenerate the app from scratch. This takes ~5min each time.
> >
> > So what I'm looking for is to set up the build directory in such a way
> that once it's configured by a make, from then on it acts as a standard
> Android project directory without ever having the reference the Kiwi source
> directory .... Is this possible ?

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*