[Ves] Build for armv7s and arm64

Casey Goodlett casey.goodlett at kitware.com
Wed Oct 30 11:17:09 EDT 2013

Jon,

You should be able to edit the toolchain file and add arm64 to the arch
list (currently should be armv7;armv7s).  I have not tried to build for
arm64 so there may be unexpected problems.  I typically modify my xcode
project to build only armv7 and armv7s.

Can you let us know if you are able to get the project to build with arm64
support?

Thanks

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Jon Chmura <jon.chmura at me.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to build the iOS frameworks so that they support armv7
> and arm64.  I realize that if the project settings are set up as follows it
> will build even for devices that are armv7s and arm64.
>
> { 'ARCHS' => 'ARCHS_STANDARD’,
>  'VALID_ARCHS' => 'armv7’,
> 'ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH' => 'NO’,
>  'CLANG_CXX_LANGUAGE_STANDARD' => 'gnu++98’,
> 'CLANG_CXX_LIBRARY' => 'libstdc++' }
>
> This requirement causes build issues when using an Xcode workspace (i.e..
> multiple Xcode projects used to build an app).  I’m looking for a
> workaround but it be preferable if I could use the standard Xcode settings
>
> 'ARCHS' => 'ARCHS_STANDARD_INCLUDING_64_BIT’,
>  'VALID_ARCHS' => armv7 armv7s arm64,
> 'ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH' => ‘YES’,
>
>  Jon Chmura
> jon.chmura at me.com