[Ves] Android building problems in Windows

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Fri Nov 16 05:02:45 EST 2012

Hi Sergio,

I don't have experience building VES on Windows.  VES is primarily tested
for iOS and Android on OSX and Linux hosts.  But, it is possible to build
on Windows.  As for the Android NDK to use, I can only confirm that up to
r8b works, I have not tried r8c.  So maybe you could try downgrading to r8b.

I don't have experience with Windows, but I think it should work from the
visual studio command prompt.  You might need to specify "NMake Makefiles"
as the generator.  Can you tell me what CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER is set to in the
CMakeCache.txt file: CMakeExternals/Build/vtk-host/CMakeCache and
CMakeExternals/Build/vtk-android/CMakeCache.txt ?  For vtk-host, it should
be VS10, for vtk-android, it should be the android-gcc.

Pat