[Ves] Android building problems in Windows

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Thu Nov 15 05:22:40 EST 2012

Dear list,

I'm unable to successfully compile VES superbuild.

I'm working under Windows 7 64 bits, with
-lastest ADT (ver21)
-I've downloaded  the NDK r8c (the wiki recommends r6, but in the mailing
list someone told on the list that r8 is ok)
-I've installed Cygwin 1.7.17-1 (without selecting any special packages,
just the default ones)
-My system has also mingw and msys installed

Following the wiki I export the ANDROID_NDK variable, move to
Apps/Android/CMakeBuild, and perform  the cmale -P step

To my surprise, cmake detects visual studio 10 (instead of gcc) and
generates a VS10 project. As a consequencem the "make -j4" fails.

I've tried to do this from a cygwin console and a windows console with the
same results. It seems that forcing cmake -P to use the "Unix Makefiles"
generator has no effect. VS10 still is the detected compiler.
Of course the VS10 project does not compile all targets successfully.

What is the correct way to go? The wiki seems to suggests thar gcc should
be used (make -j4) but i cannot generate a make project

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Sergio Vera