[Paraview] loading multiple state-files without hiding and resetting already loaded objects

Grothausmann, Roman Dr. grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Fri Sep 15 08:09:41 EDT 2017

Dear Cory,

Many thanks for your reply pointing out the known limitations and suggestions
for restoring with python. I tried to give that a try:
https://github.com/romangrothausmann/ParaView_scripts/blob/146aa352d1a3ada203bcf91d17e11c169bc99583/pvsm-multi.py#L44-L61

but am stuck at the python error:
TypeError: SetProperties() takes at most 1 argument (2 given)
while the docs suggest to specify 2 args:
https://www.paraview.org/ParaView/Doc/Nightly/www/py-doc/paraview.simple.html?highlight=getproperty#paraview.simple.SetProperties

What am I missing here? Do I have to set each property by itself (i.e. from
GetProperty) or can I just set the whole list of properties from
ListProperties() in one go?
Is the approach for restoring to go through all objects from the last LoadState
the right one?

Many thanks for looking into this.
Roman

grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de