[Paraview] loading multiple state-files without hiding and resetting already loaded objects

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Sep 7 17:37:33 EDT 2017

Hi Roman,

It turns out ParaView was not designed for this use case because of
certain difficulties discussed here:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/17442

In your Python script, you could manually cash all the properties of
the existing representations and restore them after loading the most
recent state file.

The functions

reprs = GetRepresentations()
repr = reprs.values()[0]
props = repr.ListProperties()
GetProperty(repr, props[0])

would be helpful for this.

Cory

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Grothausmann, Roman Dr.
<grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de> wrote:
> Dear mailing list members,
>

> It seems that PV (and paraview.simple.LoadState) by default hides already
> loaded objects (and resets e.g. their coloring) when another state-file is
> loaded.
> Is there a way to load multiple state-files after one another without hiding
> and resetting already existent objects? I.e. a way to concatenate multiple
> state-files and leave their objects in the state as they got loaded (e.g.
> colored, hidden/visible)?
> I do understand that loading a new state-file will reset the camera, but not
> the rest.
> Here's my initial attempt to achieve this with pvpython:
> https://github.com/romangrothausmann/ParaView_scripts/blob/90eb4ca8499070bed941d50b89ebea82fd6a9e23/pvsm-multi.py
>
> Any help or hints are very much appreciated
> Roman
>
> --
> Dr. Roman Grothausmann
>
> Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
> Tomography and Digital Image Analysis
>
> Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
> Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie
> OE 4120, Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1, 30625 Hannover, Deutschland
>
> Tel. +49 511 532-2900
> grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
> http://www.mh-hannover.de/anatomie.html

Cory Quammen