[Paraview] loading multiple state-files without hiding and resetting already loaded objects

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Sep 15 09:14:51 EDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Grothausmann, Roman Dr.
<grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de> wrote:
> Dear Cory,
>

> Many thanks for your reply pointing out the known limitations and
> suggestions for restoring with python. I tried to give that a try:
> https://github.com/romangrothausmann/ParaView_scripts/blob/146aa352d1a3ada203bcf91d17e11c169bc99583/pvsm-multi.py#L44-L61
>
> but am stuck at the python error:
> TypeError: SetProperties() takes at most 1 argument (2 given)
> while the docs suggest to specify 2 args:
> https://www.paraview.org/ParaView/Doc/Nightly/www/py-doc/paraview.simple.html?highlight=getproperty#paraview.simple.SetProperties
>
> What am I missing here? Do I have to set each property by itself (i.e. from
> GetProperty) or can I just set the whole list of properties from
> ListProperties() in one go?
> Is the approach for restoring to go through all objects from the last
> LoadState the right one?

Put a ** in front of reppro[i], e.g.,

pvs.SetProperties(repr, **reppro[i])

That works for me. The ** unpacks the dictionary into a variable
keyword parameter. See [1] for more info.

> Many thanks for looking into this.
> Roman

No problem.

Thanks,
Cory

[1] https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/131403/what-is-the-name-of-in-python/131415

>>> grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
>>> http://www.mh-hannover.de/anatomie.html
>>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>>> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

> --
> Dr. Roman Grothausmann
>
> Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
> Tomography and Digital Image Analysis
>
> Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
> Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie
> OE 4120, Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1, 30625 Hannover, Deutschland
>
> Tel. +49 511 532-2900
> grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
> http://www.mh-hannover.de/anatomie.html

--