[Paraview] loading multiple state-files without hiding and resetting already loaded objects

Grothausmann, Roman Dr. grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Mon Sep 4 08:42:00 EDT 2017

Dear mailing list members,

It seems that PV (and paraview.simple.LoadState) by default hides already loaded
objects (and resets e.g. their coloring) when another state-file is loaded.
Is there a way to load multiple state-files after one another without hiding and
resetting already existent objects? I.e. a way to concatenate multiple
state-files and leave their objects in the state as they got loaded (e.g.
colored, hidden/visible)?
I do understand that loading a new state-file will reset the camera, but not the
rest.
Here's my initial attempt to achieve this with pvpython:
https://github.com/romangrothausmann/ParaView_scripts/blob/90eb4ca8499070bed941d50b89ebea82fd6a9e23/pvsm-multi.py

Any help or hints are very much appreciated
Roman

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie
OE 4120, Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1, 30625 Hannover, Deutschland

Tel. +49 511 532-2900
grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
http://www.mh-hannover.de/anatomie.html