[Paraview] memory load on client when running on server

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 16:43:38 EDT 2014

questions:
So how much ram is on this system?
How many arrays are you loading? If memory is an issue you may get by by
What command line are you using to start the server?

Can you start the client and server with --enable-bt on the respective
command lines? This should print a stack trace during the crash. If it
does send it to the list. If PV is killed because its out of memory this
may have been logged (on linux: dmesg | egrep -i 'killed process').

about your original question: When in client server(not multicore) with
the server running on a remote system and the client on your desktop,
the client only has to display images rendered on the server. so very
low load on the client side. If you're seeing a high load in that case ,
remote rendering is probably disabled, perhaps this is a bug.

multicore would disable remote rendering , according to a recent post on
the mail list.

mulitcore the client and servers run on the same system and thus the X
server load could in fact be coming from the server rather than the client.