[Paraview] Error when comparing multiple datasets

linzhenhua linzhenhua at 163.com
Sat Jul 19 21:04:38 EDT 2014

Thanks Paul. Your suggestion works. Just now I did not read your message carefully. I've tried to apply the "Merge Blocks" filter on both inputs at the same time, sorry for that.

在 2014-07-20 04:18:08,"Paul Edwards" <paul.m.edwards at gmail.com> 写道:

Try using "Merge Blocks" on each of the two input datasets before using the python calculator.

Regards,
Paul

I want to compare the difference from the data from two dataset with the same grid topology. I load in two dataset separately, then apply the PythonCalculator filter, but immediately encounter the following error. What is the problem? The version is 4.1 for 32bit linux OS.

ERROR: In /home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 815
vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (0xb4711d0): Input for connection index 0 on input port index 0 for algorithm vtkPythonCalculator(0xb4aa0b0) is of type vtkMultiBlockDataSet, but a vtkDataSet is required.

ERROR: In /home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 815
vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (0xb4711d0): Input for connection index 1 on input port index 0 for algorithm vtkPythonCalculator(0xb4aa0b0) is of type vtkMultiBlockDataSet, but a vtkDataSet is required.