[Paraview] Error when comparing multiple datasets

linzhenhua linzhenhua at 163.com
Sat Jul 19 20:54:06 EDT 2014

Hi Paul

Thanks for your help. But this does not work for me as "Merge Blocks" can not be applied to the two input datasets, which is in grey color.

This is very strange to me as the example in the usermanual, "Comparing Multiple Datasets" section in page 96, work perfectly for me. The data I used is from OpenFOAM calculation.

在 2014-07-20 04:18:08,"Paul Edwards" <paul.m.edwards at gmail.com> 写道:

Try using "Merge Blocks" on each of the two input datasets before using the python calculator.

Regards,
Paul

I want to compare the difference from the data from two dataset with the same grid topology. I load in two dataset separately, then apply the PythonCalculator filter, but immediately encounter the following error. What is the problem? The version is 4.1 for 32bit linux OS.

ERROR: In /home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 815
vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (0xb4711d0): Input for connection index 0 on input port index 0 for algorithm vtkPythonCalculator(0xb4aa0b0) is of type vtkMultiBlockDataSet, but a vtkDataSet is required.

ERROR: In /home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 815
vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (0xb4711d0): Input for connection index 1 on input port index 0 for algorithm vtkPythonCalculator(0xb4aa0b0) is of type vtkMultiBlockDataSet, but a vtkDataSet is required.