[Paraview] Unable to load Tecplot binary files

HARVAZINSKI, MATTHEW E CTR USAF AFMC AFRL/RQ matthew.harvazinski.ctr at us.af.mil
Sat Aug 17 17:11:18 EDT 2013

I am having trouble reading Tecplot binary data into ParaView 4.01.  My data is unstructured three-dimensional hexahedral data.  The data are split into a grid file (node centered xyz data and domain connectivity) and a solution file (cell centered) that contains all of the variables of interest.  The data is written using the Tecio library and the grid file is marked as a grid only file while the solution file is marked as a solution only file.
I am able to load the grid file alone into ParaView without issue.  If I attempt to load both the grid and the data file in ParaView crashes when I try to display one of the variables contained in the solution file.  Similarly, if I load the grid file, then load the solution file it will crash when I try to display one of the parameters.  I have observed this behavior in both the x64 Windows version and x64 Linux version.
I am including two files which are representative of the problem, grid.plt and solution.plt.  The domain is a simple box with 4^3 cells.  The solution file has 3 variables, Pressure, Temperature, and Velocity Magnitude.  Pressure is a uniform 101.325, Temperature ranges from 1 to 64, and Velocity Magnitude ranges from 1 to 64^2.

Thanks,
Matt