[Paraview] How to place a contour of variable on slice

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Sat Aug 17 11:11:21 EDT 2013

To color the slice, highlight that in the pipeline browser and select the pressure variable from the middle toolbar (near the top left of the GUI). To get a contour-like effect with the colors, click the edit colors button (next to that chooser box you just used) turn on advanced options, and lower the resolution parameter.

If you want to see black lines on your colored slice, use the contour filter on the slice as you described, then change the lines' color to black. (Set variable to solid color, click on edit colors and pick black.) Then turn the visibility of the slice back on (eyeball button in the pipeline browser).

-Ken

Sent from my iPad so blame autocorrect.