[Paraview] custom sphere glyph filter with fixed parameters

Griffa, Michele Michele.Griffa at empa.ch
Mon Nov 30 07:32:18 EST 2009

Hello everybody

I apologize in advance for the trivial question. I'm not an experienced user of Paraview.

I have to apply a glyph filter to a VTK unstructure grid dataset for a set of particles + bonds among particles.
The chosen glyph is a sphere.

Usually I have to apply this glyph many times, to different .vtu files and every time I have to set up the glyph parameters.

Is there any way to create a custom filter of the type of a glyph with already a fixed parameter setup ?
Which is the best approach for getting to that ? A custom filter (but it seems it dies not allow to fix the filter parameters) ? A macro ? A plugin ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

Michele
Michele Griffa, Ph.D.
EMPA, Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research (ETH Domain)

Überlandstrasse 129
8600, Dübendorf, Switzerland

Ph.: +41 (0) 44 823 4789
Fax: +41 (0) 44 823 4009