[Paraview] Setup a Tiled-Display on a Windows XP Rendering Cluster

Lars Bilke lars.bilke at ufz.de
Mon Nov 30 05:36:00 EST 2009

Hi,

I try to get a tiled display to work with ParaView, so here is my setup:
I have 3 Windows XP machines each equiped with graphic cards. Each
graphics card is connected to a monitor, so I want to get my ParaView
output on that three monitors. I start the pvserver on node01 in that way:
mpiexec -hosts 3 node01 node02 node03 pvserver.exe -tdx=3 -tdy=1

On another Windows XP machine I start the ParaView-Client application
and I can connect to the server succesfully. On my client I also see the
rendered image.

But on the three monitors connected to three nodes of the server nothing
is visible. So how can I drive my tiled display with ParaView?

When searching the net I always find tips for setting up a tiled display
for Linux only. Is it possible at all to drive a tiled display from
Windows XP machines??

Thanks in advance!!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Lars Bilke

Visualisierungszentrum / Umweltinformatik

Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig
Telefon: +49 (0)341 235-1881
Email:   lars.bilke at ufz.de

http://www.ufz.de/index.php?en=14171