[Paraview] Python VTK readers

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Mon Nov 30 12:44:41 EST 2009

With the Python API, is there a reader for:
  - reading legacy VTK files? I tried LegacyVTKFileReader but got "NameError: name 'LegacyVTKFileReader' is not defined"
  - reading any VTK file? I mean a general VTK file reader able to call the appropriate reader, such as vtkDataSetReader in Tcl
  - some way to just read the header of a file and get the dataset type, in order to check if the file type is appropriate for a given processing task?